Pages

Friday, April 19, 2013

Project Last Minute!

A few months ago I joined a thing run by the sketchbook project people called a print exchange. Basically you make a print and send it in and they send you back a mixed and matched variety from other people around. The only thing I wish they did was have a map with pins so each time someone signed up they got a pin and every one can see where the influence is going. and be excited about getting prints from someone in California or Germany or something.

So I came up with an idea, mocked it up in photoshop and everything based on the theme and what kind of print I wanted to do etc. Then did nothing for about two months and NOW it is due to be postmarked ...in two weeks? So I finally transferred the image and jigsawed the block, made the rig for printing it and set up my pins and tabs. Here's hoping it turns out. It's so tiny I can't imagine it'll take very long to carve out but you never know. Printmaking without a studio can be laborious and can take flipping forever. I'll keep updating as I work on it and possibly with pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment